The government of Alberta released Budget 2015 on October 27, 2015.
Budget 2015 is based on 3 priorities:
- protecting and stabilizing front-line public services, including health care, education and social services;
- setting out a plan to return to balance by restoring fairness to government revenue and ensuring the province is in a stronger fiscal position when the economy recovers;
- stimulating economic growth and diversification, including partnering with job creators, entrepreneurs and visionaries to stimulate economic growth and diversification.
Culture & Tourism
Consolidated expense is budgeted at $321 million in 2015-16 (excluding flood recovery initiatives).
- $77 million for Community and Voluntary Support Services.
- $38 million in capital grants through the Community Facility Enhancement Program.
- $76 million in support for creative industries.
- $37 million for the Alberta Media Fund. Additional funding is being provided to the Fund over the next two years to address previous commitments and help grow the industry.
- Support for the Alberta Foundation for the Arts will increase as Budget 2015 delivers on the commitment to provide additional support for the Foundation, with $5 million added in 2016-17 and $10 million in 2017-18.