E-mail your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 28 , together with a brief description of your suggested charity.
Please note: Only PACE members in good standing are eligible to make recommendations.
Recommended charities must meet the following criteria:
- be an Edmonton-based organization.
- include an arts component in its operation (e.g., using art as therapy, using art for community building, using art for education purposes, etc.).
- involve professional artists in its arts-related programming (organizing, coordinating or participating).
- be willing to present to the MCA Steering Committee a comprehensive marketing plan, including goals, on how its members would assist in promoting and selling tickets for the 25th annual MCA.
- be prepared to sign a Charity Partnership Agreement with PACE.
- commit to active involvement in helping to organize the Donation Presentation following the MCA.
- have a suitable venue available at which the Donation Presentation may be held (average attendance between 20-50).
- inclusion in some planning meetings of the MCA Steering Committee.
- promotion through logo inclusion on PACE’s Facebook group page, website, media and promotional materials, and the MCA program.
- opportunities for media exposure through press conferences and media interviews.
- opportunities to feature the results of its arts programming by providing talent at press, MCA and presentation events.
The brief description of the charity should clearly explain why the event’s Steering Committee should consider your recommendation. The committee will shortlist recommendations based on the indicated criteria and charity description. They will then follow-up with shortlisted charities in order to finalize their decision.