Todd Hirsh is PACE’s Art Champion for a second term from 2016-17.
Todd joined ATB Financial in May 2007 as its Chief Economist. In this role, he tracks and analyzes developments in Alberta’s and North America’s economy. Todd spends most of his time crisscrossing Alberta, sharing these economic insights at over 150 presentations a year. In 2011, he was recognized as one of Alberta’s 50 Most Influential People by Alberta Venture magazine.
Todd is the chair of the Board of Directors for the Calgary Arts Academy, an arts-immersion school where learning takes place through an arts-focused approach — ensuring students become confident learners and spirited citizens. He also chairs the Premier’s Council on Culture – a government-appointed body that directly advises the Minister of Culture on innovative approaches, partnerships and solutions to support sustainable growth within the province’s diverse culture sector.
Todd Hirsch has been recognized for his service to his field and community. In 2011, he was named a Rising Star by Oilweek magazine and one of Alberta’s 50 Most Influential People by Alberta Venture magazine. He was recently honoured by the federal government with the Diamond Jubilee Medal.
In February 2012, Todd released his first book, The Boiling Frog Dilemma: Saving Canada from Economic Decline.
The Professional Arts Coalition of Edmonton “Arts Champion”
Annually, PACE celebrates extraordinary commitment to the Arts by bestowing on a member of the community the honorary designation of PACE Arts Champion for the Greater Edmonton Area.
PACE’s Arts Champion is a leader in Edmonton who demonstrates…
· Vision for bringing art and business together to improve the quality of life for all those living in the Greater Edmonton area.
· Accomplished, respected and effective collaboration within the Greater Edmonton business community.
PACE’s Arts Champion distinction recognizes an individual who has demonstrated exemplary support for the Arts in Edmonton in one or more of the following areas:
· A variety of attendance at public arts events, performances, exhibitions, festivals and the like – and engaged membership with arts organizations.
· Advocacy, promotion or organizational support of arts groups and/or independent artists
· Dedicated arts volunteerism and personal financial support of arts organizations and/or independent artists.
PACE’s Arts Champion will, through its Executive Planning Committee, endeavour to assist PACE:
o Connect PACE members more effectively with the Greater Edmonton business community.
o Identify and resource business partnerships for MCA sponsorships, and facilitate relationships with businesses for future PACE member events.
o Help strategize, resource & organize fundraising initiatives/events.